Friday, May 13, 2011

Hello. My Name is Mrs. Whitesell and I'll Be Your Teacher This Evening...



Yep, you read that right.  This past Wednesday night (as in two days ago), I taught a class. Well, two actually.

I taught two sessions on Couponing through our city's sports and recreation department. 

And let me tell you, it was a little nerve wracking!

Being up there in front of about 25 people (twice!), might not seem that hard to some people, but I was definitely a little shaky.

I am a PR gal.  I'm the girl behind the scenes carefully crafting statements and planning events. I am not usually the one that talks in front of people.

I did know some of the people there, so it wasn't too bad, but I am still proud of myself for going outside of my comfort zone and teaching the class to some wonderful ladies.

And it's definitely something I am passionate about. I started using coupons in 2007 and was hooked. When I was pregnant with Hannah and realized how expensive having a little one would be, I really got into planning my trips and stocking up when I got a great deal.  Now, I am a seasoned 'couponer' and love that I have cut my family's grocery bill by more than HALF.

Yes, you read that part right too. HALF.

So, when you see me out shopping with my big ol' binder, know that I am pretty proud of being a crazy coupon lady! ;)



Now for the most important part:  this Saturday is Stamp Out Hunger, a program through the United States Postal Service that collects food for your local food pantries.



So, when you are out scoring great deals at the grocery store today, grab some extras and set them by your mailbox. Or raid your pantry and set out a big box of food. You'll be helping those less fortunate.

Have a good weekend!
-M

No comments: