Monday, March 28, 2011

An Amazing 18 Months

Where in the world has the time gone?!

My little girl turned 18 months this past week.

18 mos
Hard to get an 18-month-old to pose...

18 months.
1.5 years

Wow.  Time sure does fly.
(Cue cheesy, sad remarks.)

Birth

I knew parenthood would be quiet the 'adventure', but no one could have explained to me how amazing it is to have a child.  I am so completely blessed to be the mother of such a smart, beautiful, joyful little girl. And blessed to have an amazing husband and partner on this journey.

Don't get me wrong, we have our days here at the Whitesell household.

Hannah is at that phase where the only way she knows how to express herself is to launch her cup across the room or throw her crayon at my face when I tell her she can only color ON the paper. And it is easy to get frustrated and mad, but then I remember that she doesn't know how else to tell me she is done eating and doesn't understand that you don't color on the carpet.  I love watching her learn knew things and express her personality.
(just waiting for a crayons on the wall incident....)

And the good days far outnumber the bad. I mean FAR outnumber.

She stacked those all herself!
Double-fisting the waters.

The time spent reading countless books, playing Tickle Time, having dance parties and talking rides in the wagon are so great. Amazing how your idea of fun changes after you have kids. Hannah is really getting into 'coloring' (aka scribbling) - what is more relaxing then coloring?! 


And you should see her dance the moment the music turns on! I need to figure out how to put my videos online. You are seriously missing out on some total cuteness!

Loving on Violet

Each day I spend with this kid, I learn something new. About her. About myself. About the world.

And life couldn't get any better.

Happy 1/2 Birthday Boo!
Love, Mom