I am not sure that I like that word 'resolution'. It sounds so big...so far-fetched. Something that is not often carried out. Yet, I'm not sure of a better term to use...aspiration? Objective? Goal? Whatever term you choose, it still results in action. And that's an even bigger term.
Here are my 'action-items' for 2011:
- Be more 'present' in my daily life. I tend to get so caught up in running after Hannah, work, couponing and the endless array of housekeeping/homemaking items on my to-do list, that I forget to live in the moment and enjoy my time with my beautiful little girl and amazing husband. This includes giving more time to God through prayer.
- Be more organized. I know that sounds very vague and 'cliche', but I just need more overall organization in my life. Long ago in the days BH (before Hannah), my house was clean, my desk was organized, and there wasn't a lot of clutter. Of course as soon as I had Hannah, that all went out the window. I don't expect to have a spotless house (I would rather spend my time playing with Hannah), I would just like my house to not look like a bomb just went off. By being more organized and less overwhelmed, I think I can be a better wife and mother.
- Loose my baby weight. I know, I know, this is the typical new year's resolution, and who knows, I may be one of the many who fail to complete this task. But I have to try. In just eight short months, I will be on a beach sipping a margarita, so I need to be (somewhat) bikini-ready.
Things to continue from 2010:
- Recycle and be energy concious.
- Save money through couponing and scoping out great deals.
Wow - that's a pretty tough list to tackle. So...what's your resolution?