Monday, January 31, 2011

A Bit of Thanks

As Kansas prepares for the 'Blizzard of 2011' that is supposed to bring us anywhere from 3-12 inches of snow (seriously...can't all you weather people get on the same page?) on top of the layer of ice that is already on the ground, I was thinking today about how thankful I am that I have the opportunity to work from home. 

When we moved back to Marysville in 2008, my boss was also getting ready for maternity leave, so Turner gave me the chance to continuing working for them remotely while she was out on leave. Those three months went well, and they decided to make it permanent.

Three years later, I am still working remotely, traveling to KC on an 'as needed' basis. All I need is my computer and an internet connection and I am good to go.

Seriously, I love my job.

Love the people I work with.
Love what I do.
Love that I don't have to leave my warm house for the snow, wind and freezing rain happening right outside my window.
And love that I get to sit at home in my comfy sweatpants and sweatshirt in front of my computer with Sirius XM the Blend blaring in the background.
that's my current music fix...changes on a weekly basis ;) 


In today's economic and employment situation, I am EXTREMELY fortunate that I even have a job, let alone an employer that allows me work from home nearly three hours away.


 That's all. Just a little random note of thanks on a Monday afternoon.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by earlier. I'm going to follow you :-) Feel free to do the same on my blog.
I noticed you live in Kansas. I guess that makes us neighbors of some sort. We live in Nebraska.
Stay warm and have a good day!